oocqblog

« Home | at least she knows. » | it just gets worse the more you think about it » | the other way around » | Zap zap zap machine » | metho + phone == stupid » | Truck Parking 101 » | well, yeah. » | noticing a pattern » | Ouch, Man. » | Pick up those CD's and put them in the wardrobe! » 

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I can play you like an instrument

For those of you that don't know, I'm the sound guy for my school's annual production this year, West Side Story. This is a big job. We've got about 35 odd microphones in use (20 of which in the orchestra, mind you). We've been rehearsing all week at The Capital, the local theatre, and the orchestra pit is in the front of the stage. Johnny Mac, the head teacher techo, was down in the pit putting in a extra microphone so we could hear the French Horn properly. He plugged it in, with me up at the desk making sure it worked. He was talking into the microphone to assist with checkingness. This is where the following quote happened.

"Check. Check. I am a trumpet." - Johnny Mac

Now, that was funny by itself, if it weren't for another comment by another guy up in the tech box with me.

"He's just a trumpet because he wants to get blown"

It was at that point I left to go spend time with a certain special person... (Not the trumpet)

Post a Comment